- Dunedin Hospital
- Permanent, Part-Time (20 hours per week)
Internal Applicants Only
Dunedin hospital’s Anaesthesia Department welcomes applications for the position of Specialist Anaesthetist. This is a part-time, permanent position with a start date to be negotiated with the successful candidate.
Dunedin Hospital has 350 beds and a service area that covers a population of around 180,000. The Anaesthesia Service has state of the art equipment and is supported by our well trained technicians and PACU staff. Anaesthesia services are provided to 9 main operating theatres, 2 day surgery theatres, 1 Obstetric theatre and Delivery Suite, and to a variety of outside locations. As a Specialist you’ll be expected to provide afterhours cover during the week and will participate on a 1:6 – 1:8 weekend roster.
We are a tertiary level hospital with a full range of elective and acute surgical specialities and can offer you a varied and challenging array of anaesthesia work. Ideally we are looking for someone with the following skills and experience to complement our team:
- An excellent general anaesthesia skill set with a desire to practice in and develop areas of special interest within the range of specialties at Dunedin Hospital.
- A team player with exceptional interpersonal skills who builds effective relationships both within and external to their team
- Is solution focussed and can demonstrate excellent decision making and priority setting in a clinical environment
- Enthusiasm for teaching and passing on their knowledge to junior members of staff
Fellowship of ANZCA or equivalent is essential and you must be eligible for vocational registration with the NZ Medical Council.
Dunedin is a vibrant University city and is a great place to live and work. The surrounding districts include Fiordland and Central Otago and these beautiful places are easily accessible from Dunedin The Dunedin and Otago lifestyle offers a range of outdoor recreation opportunities and cultural activities that offer something for everyone.
If you’re considering a move down South feel free to come and talk to us about the job and life in Dunedin.
Please note this position is only open to current SDHB staff
Closing Date: Sunday 8th October 2017
For further information please contact, Milair Ryalls, Recruitment Advisor, Phone: +64 3 2145 769 or email: email@example.com