Associate Charge Nurse Manager-District Nursing
- Permanent fulltime position (1.0FTE)
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced senior nurse who has a passion for Community Nursing. This Associate Charge Nurse Manager role will see you providing operational management and day to day clinical leadership across the service as well as coordination of the nursing teams and patient care. This coordination of care also involves triaging of referrals into the department and troubleshooting enquiries throughout the day. You will be working in conjunction and providing essential support to the Charge Nurse Manager. This is a Monday to Friday position working, morning shifts and the occasional afternoon shift.
Key accountabilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Operational Management of the service: Coordinating resources to meet identified needs of patients and staff, managing staff and patient flows on a shift by shift basis, in the community setting. Liaising with referrers (both primary and secondary), patients and their families
- Team Management of the community nursing teams: supervision of nursing staff, providing clinical leadership on a shift by shift basis to establish and maintain a high standard of patient focused care within the allocated resources.
- Quality and Risk Management, contributing to the service’s risk minimisation activities and service activities, fostering and contributing to a quality improvement culture.
- Education, Research & Evidenced based practice, both role modelling and providing staff with clinical educational support.
Your clinical credibility in Community nursing will be complemented by your proven communication skills, you’ll be a natural at building successful working relationships, and have experience in de-escalation and conflict resolution. Naturally a glass half full person, you will be an adept problem solver, with the flexibility to make sound clinical and leadership decisions while thinking on your feet.
It is essential that you are a NZ Registered Nurse with strong clinical leadership experience and skills and have a current portfolio (PDRP) or working towards. You should hold a PG qualification (minimum PG cert) in a relevant field or commitment to complete.
You must also have a current clean driver license as this position requires working out in the community intermittently.
Closing Date: Sunday, 19 November 2017
For further information please contact Jan Strachan, Recruitment Advisor – Older Persons Health, Clinical Support and Community Directorate, Phone (03) 214 5770 or Email: email@example.com