- Dunedin Hospital
- Permanent, Full time
Dunedin hospital’s Anaesthesia Department welcomes applications for the position of Specialist Anaesthetist with a special interest in Difficult Airway Management. This is a full time permanent position with a start date to be negotiated with the successful candidate.
Dunedin Hospital has 350 beds and a service area that covers a population of around 180,000. The Anaesthesia Service has state of the art equipment and is supported by our well trained technicians and PACU staff. Anaesthesia services are provided to 9 main operating theatres, 2 day surgery theatres, 1 Obstetric theatre and Delivery Suite, and to a variety of outside locations. As a Specialist you’ll be expected to provide afterhours cover during the week and will participate on a 1:6 – 1:8 weekend roster.
We are a tertiary level hospital with a full range of elective and acute surgical specialities and can offer you a varied and challenging array of anaesthesia work. Ideally we are looking for someone with the following skills and experience to complement our team:
- An excellent general Anaesthesia skill set with a special interest in Difficult Airway Management
- A Difficult Airway Fellowship and/or significant Leadership experience in Difficult Airway Management would be an advantage
- Ability to develop and support high quality Difficult Airway Management, teaching and audits within the department
- A team player with exceptional interpersonal skills who builds effective relationships both within and external to their team
- Is solution focussed and can demonstrate excellent decision making and priority setting in a clinical environment
- Enthusiasm for teaching and passing on their knowledge to junior members of staff
Fellowship of ANZCA or equivalent is essential and you must be eligible for vocational registration with the NZ Medical Council.
Dunedin is a vibrant University city and is a great place to live and work. The surrounding districts include Fiordland and Central Otago and these beautiful places are easily accessible from Dunedin The Dunedin and Otago lifestyle offers a range of outdoor recreation opportunities and cultural activities that offer something for everyone.
If you’re considering a move down South feel free to come and talk to us about the job and life in Dunedin.
Closing Date: Sunday 19 November 2017
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: www.southerndhb.govt.nz/careers/
For further information please contact, Milair Ryalls, Recruitment Advisor, Phone: 03 470 9604 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org