Registered Nurse - Oncology/Haematology
- Fixed-term Contract until 22 March 2019
- 0.8 FTE – 32 Hrs Per week
An exciting vacancy has come up in the Southern Blood & Cancer Service primarily based in the outpatient setting for a Registered Nurse.
The Southern Blood & Cancer Service is a busy, fast growing, challenging and rewarding place to work and comprises of the Outpatient Department - Clinics, Oncology Day Unit (Chemotherapy Unit), Oncology/Haematology Assessment Unit, Radiation Therapy & the acute inpatient Ward 8C.
A registered nurse of this service will be responsible for the care of medical oncology, radiation oncology and haematology patients receiving chemotherapy or radiation therapy.
Some of the key nursing tasks performed within the service are: patient assessment; symptom control and management; nurse led ‘on treatment’ clinics; patient education; psychosocial assessment and support, administration of chemotherapy and associated supportive therapies or procedures.
It is essential that:
- You have New Zealand recent acute medical nursing or oncology/haematology experience
- You have a desire to be part of a patient focussed multi-disciplinary team.
A full orientation & development plan will be provided for you.
If you would like to join our friendly, skilled and supportive team please apply.
- To be considered for the role you will have registration with the Nursing Council of New Zealand as a registered nurse with a current practising certificate. You have recent experience working within oncology & haematology.
Closing Date: Friday, 15th December 2017
For further information please contact Steven Adam, Recruitment Advisor – Medical Directorate, Email:Steven.Adam@southerndhb.govt.nz