Associate Charge Nurse Manager-AT&R Service
- Permanent part-time position (0.7FTE)
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced senior nurse who has a passion for Assessment, Treatment and Rehabilitation services. This associate role will see you providing operational management and day to day clinical leadership across the service. You will be working in conjunction with the other Associate Charge Nurse Managers, providing essential support to the Charge Nurse Manager. This is a rostered, rotating position, working 7 days a week, morning shifts.
Key accountabilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Operational Management of the ward/service: Coordinating resources to meet identified needs of patients and staff, managing staff and patient flows on a shift by shift basis, both across the ward and between wards
- Team Management of the ward: supervision of nursing staff, providing clinical leadership on a shift by shift basis to establish and maintain a high standard of patient focused care within the allocated resources.
- Quality and Risk Management, contributing to the service’s risk minimisation activities and service activities, fostering and contributing to a quality improvement culture.
- Education, Research & Evidenced based practice, both role modelling and providing staff with clinical educational support.
Your clinical credibility in Assessment Treatment and Rehabilitation nursing will be complemented by your proven communication skills, you’ll be a natural at building successful working relationships, and have experience in de-escalation and conflict resolution. Naturally a glass half full person, you will be an adept problem solver, with the flexibility to make sound clinical and leadership decisions while thinking on your feet.
Supporting the implementation of releasing time to care and merging two services into one will be a key focus of these positions, and you will be a critical consumer of research and have a passion for quality and evidence based practice.
It is essential that you are a NZ Registered Nurse with strong clinical leadership experience and skills and have a current portfolio (PDRP) or equivalent, appropriate to the role.
Please state on your cover letter your preferred hours of work.
Closing Date: Sunday, 14 January 2018
For further information please contact Jan Strachan, Recruitment Advisor – Older Persons Health, Clinical Support and Community Directorate, Phone (03) 214 5770 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org