Registered Nurse – Ward 8c Oncology/Haematology
- 0.5 FTE role split – 0.2 FTE Perm & 0.3 FTE Maternity cover until March 2019
- Join our multidisciplinary team
An exciting vacancy has come up in the Southern Blood & Cancer Service for a Registered Nurse.
The Southern Blood & Cancer Service is a busy, fast growing, challenging and rewarding place to work and comprises of the Outpatient Department - Clinics, Oncology Day Unit (Chemotherapy Unit), Oncology/Haematology Assessment Unit, Radiation Therapy & the acute inpatient Ward 8C.
A registered nurse of this service will be responsible for the care of medical oncology, radiation oncology and haematology patients receiving chemotherapy or radiation therapy.
Some of the key nursing tasks performed within the service are: patient assessment; symptom control and management; nurse led ‘on treatment’ clinics; patient education; psychosocial assessment and support, administration of chemotherapy and associated supportive therapies or procedures.
It is essential that:
- You have New Zealand current acute medical nursing or oncology/haematology experience
- You have a desire to be part of a patient focussed multi-disciplinary team.
- Registration with the Nursing Council of New Zealand as a registered nurse with a current practising certificate
A full orientation & development plan will be provided for you.
If you would like to join our friendly, skilled and supportive team please apply.
Closing Date: Monday, 23rd April 2018
For further information please contact Steven Adam, Recruitment Advisor – Medical Directorate, Phone (03) 470 9600 or Email:Steven.Adam@southerndhb.govt.nz
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: www.southerndhb.govt.nz/careers/