Physiotherapist - Outpatients
- Full time permanent position
Living in the Southern region offers you access to some of the best beaches, mountains and wine in the South Island. We are a short drive to Queenstown for the keen skiers, and have holiday homes available to staff at very reasonable rates in Arrowtown, Queenstown and Te Anau.
We have a full time permanent position available in Physiotherapy Outpatients at Southland Hospital. This position involves working with a range of age groups with a variety of conditions in an outpatient setting and would suit someone looking to move on from rotational positions, and further develop their musculoskeletal skills.
You will have experience in musculoskeletal physiotherapy and at least 3 years’ experience as a qualified Physiotherapist; previous experience in a Hospital Outpatient setting is desirable. You will have enthusiasm for physiotherapy, and will enjoy working as part of a team that prides itself on relaxed professionalism. Ideally, you will be an Accredited Assessor for the Equipment Management Service or be prepared to work towards this accreditation.
The right applicant will:
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Be driven and have a proactive approach to learning
- Have the ability to motivate and teach junior staff, and to lead when required
- Ideally have an advanced level of understanding and training in relevant areas
- Have a familiarity with all core areas of hospital based physiotherapy as there is an expectation that the successful applicant will work in the weekend and on call service
The successful candidate will need to be a New Zealand Registered Physiotherapist with a current annual practicing certificate, and to hold a full and current NZ Driver Licence.
Closing Date: Wednesday, 25 April 2018
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: www.southerndhb.govt.nz/careers/
For further information please contact Jan Strachan, Recruitment Advisor – Strategy, Primary and Community Directorate, Phone (03) 214 5770 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org