Early Discharge and Rehabilitation Service for the Older Person 1Permanent, Part-time up to (0.9FTE)
This is an exciting opportunity for a Registered Nurse to join our nurse led Early Supported Discharge team based within our Early Discharge and Rehabilitation Service for the Older Person (EDRS).
The primary purpose of this position is to support the early discharge of appropriate patients from the acute wards of Dunedin Public Hospital. You will monitor their recovery and ensure each individual receives appropriate rehabilitation and/or packages of care at the right time to maximise their functional ability, and maintain their independence in their own home.
A genuine passion for working in the community is essential to the success of this position.
This role requires a nurse who is adaptive to change, resourceful, and is flexible to service needs and future development.
Within this position you will require;
- Advanced comprehensive clinical assessment and problem solving skills
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively within the interdisciplinary team
- Ability to direct and delegate to the Enrolled Nurse and Rehabilitation Assistants
- Excellent communication skills to liaise with health professionals, both within the in-patient services and in the community setting.
- Recent experience of working with the older adults in acute, rehabilitation or community settings
With the growing focus on community based care this is a fantastic opportunity for a Registered Nurse with at least 2 years’ experience.
Flexibility is essential as the work is challenging and varied.
The Registered Nurses within the EDRS service currently cover Monday –Saturdays with staggered start and finish times between the hours of 8.30- 6pm. This permanent part time position will require you to work 7 -9 days per fortnight.
To be successful in the role you will have a strong commitment to your ongoing professional development, and it is expected that you will have / or be committed to working towards a post-graduate pathway. If you think this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for, then we would love to hear from you.
Closing Date: Wednesday, 9 May 2018
For further information please contact Jan Strachan, Recruitment Advisor – Strategy, Primary and Community Directorate, Phone (03) 214 5770 or Email: email@example.com