New Graduate Nurse – Perioperative Service
- Fixed Term, 2 year contract
- 0.8 FTE (32 hours per week)
- Suitable opportunity for New Graduate Nurses
Opportunities like these don’t come around often…. The Dunedin Theatre team are on the lookout for a new graduate nurse with current theatre experience to join our large team. Southern DHB has the largest geographical catchment area in NZ. Our hospital sits in the beautiful historic city of Dunedin with its amazing coastline, spectacular mountainous hinterland, unique community spirit and more affordable housing.
We are proud of our Perioperative service, which incorporates nine Main operating theatre and two Day Surgery theatres. Our theatres provide tertiary level elective, acute and general surgery with specialties that include ENT, trauma, cardio-thoracic surgery, neuro surgery, vascular, liver resections and elective orthopaedics with spinal surgery.
The position offers the opportunity to develop your theatre skills in a supportive environment and gain experience in a variety of surgical specialties. You will be well supported by our educator and nursing leadership team. You will be rostered a mix of 8 hour shifts and 10 hour shifts.
To be successful in this role we are looking for a nurse with:
- A new graduate nurse with exposure to the theatre environment
- New Zealand Registration
- Current eligibility to live and work in New Zealand
- A nurse who can evidence adherence to best practice perioperative standards
- A nurse who can demonstrate the SDHB values of Kind (Manaakitanga), Open (Pono), Positive (Whaiwhakaaro) and Community (Whanaungatanga)
If this exciting opportunity is of interest, we want to hear from you.
Closing Date: Sunday 17th June 2018
For further information please contact Jeanie Winter, Recruitment Advisor – Surgical Services & Radiology Directorate Phone: (03) 470 9571 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org