Dunedin or Southland Hospital
- Part-time position 8 hours per week
- Involvement in both internal and external communications
About the DHB
Here at the Southern District Health Board (SDHB) we put our patients at the centre of everything we do. We exist to support everyone in our district to live well and access the right care when they need it, by delivering high quality, patient-centred health services to our diverse communities.
About the Role
This is a fixed term position through to January 2021. This long term duration will give you plenty of time to get your teeth into the varied activities involved and you will have the chance to really see the benefits of your efforts.
The main responsibilities of the Communications Advisor include (but are not limited to):
- Providing advice to DHB staff and teams in relation to communicating key messages and initiatives to both internal and external audiences
- Communicating about events, activities and campaigns across the hospital sites or elsewhere in the health system
- Develop and maintain the content of various platforms such as the SDHB website, our Facebook page, newsletters, digital screens and other publications
- Supporting the development of communications and engagement policies and procedures
- Contribute to a strong values-based, patient-centred internal culture
You’ll need to be experienced in communications, media, marketing or public relations in order to succeed in this exciting role. Ideally you’ll have the following skills and expertise:
- Hold a relevant tertiary qualification
- Excellent written and verbal communication with the ability to easily build relationships across a diverse range of stakeholders
- Experience working across a range of communications platforms
- The ability to effectively manage your time and prioritise your workload
- Flexible approach with the ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Sound judgment and a good sense of humour
In return for your skills, you’ll be joining a fun, friendly and supportive team in an environment that allows you to take ownership of your work. We have a strong customer focus here in PR and Communications and are passionate about sharing the amazing work of our teams with the wider community. We would love to find an enthusiastic and experienced Communications Advisor to come and join us as we continue to improve the patient experience across the Southern region!
Closing Date: Sunday 9th December 2018
For further information please contact Sarah Burgess, Recruitment Advisor – Corporate and Women’s & Children’s Directorates Phone: (03) 470 9462 or Email: email@example.com