Business Analyst - Finance
- Use your analytical skills to influence business management decisions and drive improvements in the delivery of health care for the Southern Region
- Provide commercial advice and support to the medical teams delivering services across the Southern Region
- Supportive, improvement focussed team
About the Southern District Health Board
Here at the Southern District Health Board (SDHB), we put our patient’s at the centre of everything we do. Our aim is to support everyone across our district to live well, and access the right care when they need it, by delivering high quality, patient-centred and equitable health services to our diverse communities.
About the team
The Finance Team are supportive and improvement focussed, looking to implement modern Business Intelligence tools to create insights in the operation of the SDHB. We aim to use these tools to move to being an integral partner to our clinical and non-clinical teams in constantly improving the quality and quantity of health service delivery.
About the role
We have an opportunity for a motivated person with excellent communication skills and a natural ability to think analytically to join our team on a fixed term basis. A challenging role, you will be part of a team of analysts tasked with continually looking for system and process efficiencies in an environment that demands change..
We are looking for an adaptable, passionate person who wants to make a difference, working and liaising with key members of our organisation to provide analytical and financial insights into the business.
We need an analyst who will adapt quickly, who can collect information from a variety of sources both financial and non financial and turn it into coherent information to help drive business and management decisions throughout SDHB. Making information relevant, insightful and easy to understand it will be a key part of your skill set!
To succeed in this role you will have:
- A positive attitude and will know how to explain complex ideas in simple terms - keep it simple!
- The ability to develop relationships with a broad range of people, from management to clinical staff. These people will be key in being successful personally and organisationally.
- Strong analytical skills, with previous experience of turning these analytics into relevant and focussed management information.
- A strong customer focus.
- The experience to think “outside the square” to continually seek efficiencies within the organisation
- The confidence to work with project teams / stakeholders to elicit, analyse, specify and validate the delivery of the business needs.
You’ll bring to this role exceptional time management skills and the ability to juggle a number of projects. Excellent computer skills, with advanced Excel skills, are a must. Experience in a health environment would be advantageous but is not essential as training will be provided.
Along with holding a relevant tertiary qualification; you should be a member of the NZ Institute of Chartered Accountants (or overseas equivalent), preferably CA qualified or progressing towards this, or be a member of the International Institute of Business Analysts with more than 5 years’ experience in a related role.
In return for your skills and expertise you will receive a varied workload and ongoing training and support. If you think you have what it takes to add value to the health of our region we would love to hear from you!
Closing Date: Sunday 9th December 2018
For further information please contact Sarah Burgess, Recruitment Advisor – Corporate and Women’s & Children’s Directorates Phone: (03) 470 9462 or Email: email@example.com