Booking Administrator – Breast Care Services
- Permanent, full-time
- Monday to Friday between 0800 – 1700
- Opportunity to utilise your skills in a rewarding environment
An exciting opportunity has arisen in our Breast Care Services outpatients Department for an experienced Booking Administrator to join the team on a permanent, full time basis.
Our Breast Care Services are a team through and through, and this role plays an essential role in ensuring the successful provision of patient centred care by fostering a welcoming environment for patients right from the get go. As a Booking Administrator, you will be carrying out administrative and reception duties and providing essential support for other staff members within the team. Your duties will include tending to the patient in front of you, always ensuring that they are given key information and that their details are up to date and correct, as well as answering phones, entering referral data into our computer system, preparing the referrals to send to clinicians for triaging and booking clinics and general administration duties.
You must be a team player with very good communication skills, who understands and appreciates the need for attention to detail. You must also be comfortable interacting with a variety of people and attending to issues that arise – usually at the same time! We ask that in your application you demonstrate how your previous work experience in administration and/or customer service roles has honed your ability to prioritise and juggle tasks, within demanding timeframes.
Ideally you will also bring the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience in a busy administration role
- Competent and confident using the Microsoft Office suite, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent word processing and data entry skills with a strong eye for detail
- Excellent computer skills are essential and database experience using iPM is preferred (and cardio-base would be amazing) but full training will be given to the successful applicant to ensure that you are comfortable and confident with our systems.
- Flexible approach with the ability to successfully prioritise your workload
- Respectful nature handling confidential, often sensitive information in a professional manner
- Excellent communication with a natural flair for fostering positive relationships
You will be joining a dedicated, supportive and friendly team of health professionals, providing invaluable support to patients when they need it most. If you think you bring the skills we are looking for and have what it takes to thrive in a busy hospital environment we would love to hear from you.
The salary range for this position is based on the PSA Collective Agreement Clerical Scale S4 ($43,580 - $51,259) and will be based on relevant experience and skills.
Closing Date: Sunday 9 December 2018
For further information please contact Jeanie Winter, Recruitment Advisor – Surgical Services & Radiology Directorate Phone: (03) 470 9571 or Email: email@example.com