Speech Language Therapist
- 0.6 FTE Child Development Services
We have a great opportunity available for a Speech Language Therapist (SLT) to join our friendly and supportive Child Development Service team, based at Southland Hospital in Invercargill.
Our modern unit is innovative and hugely progressive giving you the opportunity to not only succeed in your role but also to develop your skills and excel in your SLT career.
The primary responsibility of your role will be providing swallowing and communication assessment and intervention to children within the service. You will also have the opportunity to up skill within the adult service as part of the wider Speech Language team at the hospital and of the Southern DHB as a whole. It is essential that you are self-motivated with a high level of enthusiasm and commitment to your professional development and personal growth.
To succeed in this varied role, you will need to:
- Hold a degree in Speech Language Therapy
- Be a registered members of the New Zealand Speech Language Therapy Association
- Hold a current Annual Practising Certificate with the NZSTA
- Have excellent organisational and communication skills
- Be flexible as an active participant within both the Child Development and the Speech-Language Therapy (SLT) teams
You will work in Speech Language Therapy and the Child Development Service teams that are dynamic and supportive with an enviable mix of skill, knowledge and clinical experience. These teams at Southern DHB are committed to delivering a high standard of service to our patients. As part of our team you will have the opportunity to access regular supervision, professional development and peer support.
So if you are looking for an exciting new opportunity in your career with the potential to increase your experience as a Speech Language Therapist and are ready to move your career forward, come and join us!
Closing Date: Wednesday 12th December 2018