Service Administrator (Financials) – General Surgery, Orthopaedics & Plastics
- Fixed Term, part time opportunity (0.6 FTE)
- Financial Focus – do you enjoy working with numbers?
- Use your experience and expertise to make a positive and meaningful difference
Here at the Southern DHB the highest possible levels of patient care and service lie at the heart of our mission. Integral to this is a commitment to achieving excellent clinical and commercial outcomes based on quality service delivery.
In order to continue providing a high standard of care across services in the General Surgery, Orthopaedics & Plastics Service, we require a financially skilled and highly organised Service Administrator to help us cover high levels of activity on a part-time, fixed term basis. This is a demanding role working with a high level of financial administration tasks and interfacing with a large multidisciplinary team, so if you are looking for your next career challenge, look no further!
About the Role
Reporting to the Service Manager and working closely alongside another Service Administrator, this position is fundamental to the cohesive and efficient running of the service delivery across the board. This will be an interesting and challenging role for the successful candidate. The main objective is to provide essential support for the Service Manager and overall functioning of the General Surgery, Orthopaedics & Plastics service with a particular focus on the financial functions of the service. Key accountabilities include but aren’t limited to:
- processing purchase orders
- payroll management and ACC payments
- coordinating and managing complaints
- managing diaries, timesheets and rosters
- booking meetings and travel,
- coordinating and processing reports, and compiling statistics and financial reports
No matter the task, it is imperative that deadlines are not only met, but strived to be beaten.
We’re looking for someone who’s experienced and organised, friendly and calm, able to work independently and at the same time genuinely interested in the best outcome for both patient and team.
- A background in a variety of high level administration positions
- Demonstrated ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively with other professionals.
- Excellent time management, interpersonal and organisational skills
- The ability to be adaptable, flexible and solution focused.
- The ability to prioritise and juggle tasks.
You will also be customer focused, have a friendly disposition, well developed relationship management skills and be comfortable interacting with a variety of people at all levels of the organisation. Finding solutions to problems whilst under pressure are important facets of this role. Additionally you will be self-motivated with an ability to initiate and anticipate change along with flexibility in your thinking.
The salary for this position is between $43,580 and $51,259 per annum and will be based on relevant experience and qualifications.
Closing Date: Thursday 13th December 2018
For further information please contact Jeanie Winter, Recruitment Advisor – Surgical Directorate Phone: (03) 470 9571 or Email: email@example.com