Graduate Midwives (Midwifery First Year of Practice) Positions
Dunedin and Southland Hospital
- Are you in your final year of Midwifery study and thinking about options for next year?
- Join our experienced and supportive team for your first year of midwifery practice
- Graduate positions available in Queen Mary Maternity, Dunedin Hospital and on the Maternity Ward, Southland Hospital
About the DHB
At the Southern District Health Board (SDHB) we value our community and it is therefore essential to us that we take the very best care of our women, their babies and whanau at such an important time in their lives. We have a new graduate Midwifery Programme available in both of our Main Hospitals, Dunedin and Southland for 1 year at 64 hours per fortnight.
About the Team
Queen Mary Maternity Centre, located at Dunedin Hospital and birthing around 1,800 babies every year, offers primary birthing facilities and is also a secondary and tertiary level obstetric service provider for the Otago/Southland region.
Our Southland Hospital Maternity Service births around 1,200 babies every year and provides antenatal, labour, birth and postnatal care for women who have LMCs or who require secondary care.
At both Hospitals and we work very closely together with the midwifery and medical schools and LMCs to ensure we give the kind of care our patients deserve.
About the Role and About You
Close affiliation with local tertiary education providers ensures good opportunities for continued learning.
We are looking for new graduate Midwives who have an earnest need to become the very best in their profession. You’ll have exceptional communication skills allowing you to build strong rapport with women and their whanau and also to work within the wider team. Your attitude, work and approach will be consistent, reliable and you will be a proactive learner who is keen to learn new skills.
These new graduate positions are for rostered shifts across antenatal, delivery and postnatal areas in a supportive environment with a nominated preceptor and includes full orientation with supported educational opportunities.
Ready to Apply?
To apply for these positions please apply online and provide the following as part of your application cover letter:
1. Please indicate your preference of location as one of the following:
a) Dunedin Hospital
b) Southland Hospital
c) Either Dunedin or Southland
2. A CV and cover letter answering the following questions. Depending on your preference please answer one or both of the following questions:
- What appeals to you about living and working in Dunedin?
- What appeals to you about living and working in Invercargill?
3. What strategies would you use to ensure your success as a Midwife in our team?
4. Please use your final year clinical coordinator as one of your referees or recent employer, and confirm your permission to contact the referees
If you are looking for a first year placement that gives you a wealth of learning experiences and a fantastic grounding to kick-start your Midwifery career we would love to hear from you! Successful applicants will begin their role in February 2019.
Closing Date: Sunday 6th January 2019
For further information please contact Sarah Burgess, Recruitment Advisor – Corporate and Women’s & Children’s Directorates Phone: (03) 470 9462 or Email: email@example.com