Registered Nurse – Children’s Ward
- 12-month Fixed Term opportunity in our sought after Children’s Ward
- Part-time 0.7 FTE (28 hours per week)
- Fun and friendly team
** Internal Applicants Only **
Southland Hospital’s Children’s Ward is a varied, fast-paced and fun place to work. We take pride in the care we provide to our patients and their families/whanau during often testing times and strive for excellence in all that we do.
We have a great opportunity for an experienced NZ Registered Nurse looking to join our energetic and hard-working team based in Invercargill on a fixed term basis to cover a period of parental leave. This sort of opportunity doesn’t come along every day and if you’re looking for a fun, fulfilling and hugely rewarding career move, it’s one not to be missed.
Our ideal candidate
Ideally we’re looking for that special someone who is/has:
- a Registered Nurse with a minimum of 1 year post registration experience
- some prior involvement in child and family health would be desirable
- working at a minimum level of Competent on the Professional Development & Recognition Program (PDRP) profile /portfolio or equivalent.
- excellent assessment skills
- a passion and focus for working with families/whanau with compassion and kindness.
- an exceptional team player who has strong communication skills.
What’s in it for you?
The Southern DHB will reward these qualities with opportunities for personal and professional development, and you will be part of a wider nursing community who both support each other and work together to achieve the best possible patient outcomes.
Please note that this fixed term position is available to existing SDHB staff only.
Closing Date: Friday 7th December 2018
For further information please contact Sarah Burgess, Recruitment Advisor for Corporate and Women’s & Children’s Health Directorates - Phone: (03) 470 9462 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: www.southerndhb.govt.nz/careers/