Clinical Nurse Specialist – Infection Prevention and Control
- Fixed term parental leave cover through to July 2019, 0.8 FTE (32 hours per week)
- Senior role providing leadership and advice
- Internal secondment considered
About the Team
The Infection Prevention and Control Service (IPC) exists to monitor and reduce the risk of Hospital acquired infections across the Southern District. Our team consists of 4 Clinical Nurse Specialists across the District and we are proud of our supportive and collaborative environment.
About the Role
In the role of Clinical Nurse Specialist you will be providing specialist nursing care and expert advice to support staff in the management of care delivery for Infection Prevention and Control.
The main responsibilities of your role will include (but are not limited to):
- Provide specialist, evidence-based advice, care, support and expertise
- Provide education and support for all staff on all aspects of the DHB’s Infection Prevention and Control programme
- Modelling expert clinical skills, promoting best practice, facilitating interdisciplinary collaboration and providing education
- Support the implementation of Ministry of Health measures
- Active involvement in quality improvement initiatives that improve the care of patients
We are looking for a dynamic nurse who will take a lead role in the service delivery across the organization at Dunedin Hospital as part of the Senior Nurse team.
To succeed in this role you will need to:
- Be a Registered Nurse (RN) with a current practicing certificate
- Have excellent time management and organizational skills
- Experienced and credible with the health care team as a professional resource in the area of Infection Prevention and Control
- A role model and excellent communicator
- Up to date with current issues in nursing in both a NZ and international context
This is an exciting and varied role where you will be seen as a practitioner, educator, consultant, researcher, change agent and leader in the pursuit of clinical excellence and improved health outcomes. If this sounds like the challenge you are looking for we would love to hear from you!
Closing Date: Monday 11th February 2019
For further information please contact Sarah Burgess, Recruitment Advisor – Corporate and Women’s & Children’s Directorates Phone: (03) 470 9462 or Email: email@example.com