Senior Physiotherapist - Child Development
Vera Hayward Centre, Dunedin Hospital
- Permanent position, hours negotiable (please state your preferred hours in your covering letter)
Here in Child Development at the Vera Hayward Centre we are a team of experienced Allied Health therapists who work with children and their families who live in the Coastal Otago region. We are a child and family focused service and as such we work in either centre or community settings.
The Vera Hayward Centre is based at Dunedin Hospital which is centrally located in Dunedin City. For those of you who love the outdoors, we have beautiful beaches and tramping tracks located within minutes of the city and are easily accessed.
We are looking for a New Zealand Registered Physiotherapist with a passion for working with children and young people aged 0-16 and their familes/whanau. To succeed in this position you will need to:
- Be registered with the Physiotherapy Board of New Zealand
- Hold a current Annual Practicing Certificate and NZ full drivers licence
- Ideally have at least 5 years work experience as a Physiotherapist
- Be an enthusastic therapist, ideally with experience in either paediatrics or neuro-rehabilitation and wanting to consolidate or develop your paediatric skill set
- Have excellent communication and relationship building skills to allow you to liaise with hospital specialists, children and their families/whanau, education services and build strong links within the wider Allied Health team
If you have experience in wheelchair and seating assessments from previous practice that would be very beneficial. In this role you'll have the opportunity to use your clinical reasoning skills, excellent time management, communication and problem solving skills in an outpatient clinic or community setting.
Dunedin is a university town and has something to offer everyone. It has a long and rich history which is reflected in its many museums including Toitu Otago Early Settlers Museum and art galleries. Dunedin also offer affordable housing and fantastic access to the great outdoors. If you have the skills we are looking for and are looking for a challenging role that will enable you to grow your Physiotherapy career in a great location with a supportive team then we would love to hear from you!
Closing Date: Sunday 13th January 2019
For further information please contact Sarah Burgess, Recruitment Advisor - Corporate and Women's & Children's Health Directorates. Phone: (03) 470 9462 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org