Physiotherapist – Growth Position
Vera Hayward Centre, Dunedin Public Hospital
- Permanent position, part-time or full time (up to 40 hours per week)
Here in Child Development at the Vera Hayward Centre, we are a team of experienced Allied Health therapists who work with children and their families who live in the Coastal Otago region. We are a child and family focussed service and as such we work in either centre or community settings.
The Vera Hayward Centre is based at Dunedin Hospital which is centrally located in Dunedin City. For those of you who love the outdoors, we have beautiful beaches and tramping tracks located within minutes of the city and are easily accessed.
We are looking for New Zealand registered Physiotherapists who have a passion for working with Children aged 0-16 years and their families/whanau. To succeed in this position you will need to:
- Be registered with the Physiotherapy Board of New Zealand
- Hold a current Annual Practicing Certificate and NZ full drivers licence
- Ideally have at least 2 years work experience and be motivated to develop your Paediatric skill set
- Have excellent communication skills to enable you to liaise with hospital specialists, children and their families, education services and build strong links within the wider Allied Health team
In this role you’ll have the opportunity to use your clinical reasoning skills, excellent time management, communication and problem solving skills in an outpatient clinic or community setting. This is a newly configured Physiotherapy Professional Growth position and we are very excited to be able to offer this to an enthusiastic candidate.
Dunedin is a University town and has something to offer everyone. It has a long and rich history which is reflected in its many museums including the Toitu Otago Early Settlers Museum and art galleries. Dunedin also offers affordable housing and fantastic access to the great outdoors. If you have the skills we are looking for and are looking for a challenging role that will enable you to grow your Physiotherapy career in a great location within a supportive team we would love to hear from you!
Closing Date: Sunday 13th January 2019
For further information please contact Sarah Burgess, Recruitment Advisor – Corporate and Women’s & Children’s Health Directorates Phone: (03) 470 9462 or Email: email@example.com