Business Intelligence Specialist – Information Systems
Dunedin (Wakari Hospital)
- 2 year fixed term opportunity
- Make seemingly impossible data insights a reality!
- Free, onsite parking
About the Organisation
The Southern DHB has the largest regional coverage of all the New Zealand health boards, providing services to over 315,000 people. We take pride in the services we provide and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our population. Our customers – patients, staff and communities - are at the heart of everything we do.
About the Role
This is an exciting, complex role which will see you design, develop, implement, manage and support the critical enterprise BI environment. You will provide technical guidance and analysis to ensure best practice and standards in BI are followed so you’ll need to bring your extensive knowledge and be able to communicate that with a wide range of stakeholders in a way they can understand. It would also be great if you are a whizz with data visualisation as this will be a key focus in the role.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A degree in the field of Computer Science or Information Systems
- Experience implementing enterprise-wide BI and reporting solutions
- Extensive use of SQL and Database systems with a strong focus on SQL Server
- Solid data visualisation skills
- Be familiar with a variety of BI Platforms (Microsoft BI, Tableau, WhereScape RED etc.)
- Strong analytical mindset and a positive and personable style
About the Region
The Southern district offers the benefits of excellent amenities, first class primary through to tertiary education, affordable housing and outstanding recreational opportunities. So whether its surfing, kayaking or sailing; skiing, hunting or fishing; theatre, live-music or art – Dunedin offers something for everyone!
Closing Date: Sunday 13th January 2019
For further information please contact Sarah Burgess, Recruitment Advisor – Corporate and Women’s & Children’s Directorates Phone: (03) 470 9462 or Email: email@example.com