Community Services – Dunedin based
- Fulltime permanent position (40 hours per week)
Here at Southern DHB we put the patient at the centre of everything we do. In order to continue on our path to being a world class health service provider, an exciting new role has been created to ultimately increase the effectiveness of patient care delivery.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Registered Nurse Practitioner to work as part of our Older Persons Health Team, Monday to friday.
The primary purpose of this position is to:
- Promote partnership and integration across primary, community and secondary services for Residential Aged Care Residents and those discharged from hospital to Aged Residential Care.
- Work across services to increase early, proactive assessment and intervention of complex clinical issues in Residential Aged Care Facilities and the community to build capacity to manage more complex interventions within the facility.
- Provide comprehensive assessment and treatment in the community alongside the consultant geriatricians, ARC nursing team and other involved practitioners. Provide consultancy and clinical leadership within the teams, including the HOME team.
- Provide clinical nursing expertise and leadership related to the management of older person’s complex health issues to teams in primary and secondary care.
- Develop and influences education, health policies, clinical standards/practice and service development at a local level for Older People’s Health with a quality improvement focus.
- Contribute and support the development of a frailty pathway for SDHB.
- Provide advanced nursing care for people with dementia, delirium, and those older person’s presenting with significant challenging behavior, through the development of a collaborative/ interprofessional model of care with the interdisciplinary team.
The successful candidate will have extensive experience in Older Persons Health, exceptional communication skills, and the ability to form effective working relationships across multiple teams and services within the wider health sector.
To succeed in this exciting new role, you will also need to:
- Be a Registered Nurse Practitioner with a valid Annual Practicing Certificate
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Older Persons Health
- Have the ability to successfully engage stakeholders in a positive manner
- Have demonstrated knowledge and application of NZ Health strategies
- Be a fabulous communicator with an engaging and personable style
We are also interested in applications from Registered Nurses who are on the Nurse Practitioner pathway who will be seeking registration in the next 1-2 years.
If you want to work as part of a fantastic, progressive team and have proven relationship building skills, and this all sounds like the next natural step in your career, do not miss out and apply today!
Closing Date: Sunday, 27 January 2019
For further information please contact Jan Strachan, Recruitment Advisor – Strategy, Primary and Community Directorate, Phone (03) 214 5770 or Email: email@example.com