Service Administrator – Resident Medical Officers
- Permanent, part-time (0.5FTE, 20 hours per week)
- Support the recruitment of the future of our healthcare workforce
- Busy and varied role based in Dunedin Hospital
- Friendly and supportive team
About the Southern DHB
The Southern DHB has the largest regional coverage of all the New Zealand health boards, providing services to over 315,000 people. We take pride in the services we provide and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our population. Our customers – patients, staff and communities - are at the heart of everything we do.
About the Role
If you’re very well organised with an eye for detail and looking to change up a gear, then we invite you to apply for this permanent, part-time position located in the hub of our Resident Medical Officers (RMO) Office.
Supporting the RMO Unit team, you’ll provide:
- Administrative support including meeting co-ordination, word processing
- An efficient administration service to ensure the needs of our busy department are met
In order to succeed in this busy and varied role you will need to:
- Be a confident communicator – both written and oral
- Be highly competent in the MS Office Suite with particular focus on Word and Outlook
- Experience using Visio, Oracle and Onestaff are desirable but not essential.
There are a number of programmes unique to the hospital environment that we anticipate you’ll need to learn – full training in these systems will be provided it’s just important to us that you have the capacity and willingness to do so quickly.
You’ll be comfortable working alongside (and sometimes helping out) other co-located staff, willingly sharing information and resources to ensure that this role seamlessly meets the needs of those you support.
As you would expect, this position will often challenge your organisational skills with competing deadlines and conflicting priorities, but you’ll find the team to be supportive, friendly and professional. It’s a great opportunity to join the team here and contribute to our mission of working in partnership with people and communities to achieve their optimum health and wellbeing.
This is a 20 hour a week role, Monday to Friday, and the hours of work are negotiable.
The salary for this position is between $43,580 and $51,259 (pro-rata for part-time) per annum as per the DHBs/PSA South Island Administrative Multi-Employer Collective Agreement and will be based on relevant experience and qualifications.
Closing Date: Monday 14th January 2019
For further information please contact Rhonda Skilling, RMO Unit Manager on phone (03) 470 9570 or email email@example.com