Employee Relations Specialist
- Exciting new role to scope and implement with support from wider HR team
- Seen as expert offering support and guidance to organisation across this specialist area
- Chance to work in the ever changing Healthcare industry
This new position in our HR team offers the successful applicant the chance to enter the organisation and really contribute to the success of moving towards becoming a high performing organisation and ensuring we achieve our organisational objectives.
The HR team enable the embedding of the Southern DHB people strategy through the provision of fit for purpose people processes and procedures. Under the Executive Director of People, Culture and Technology’s care and guidance, the General Manager HR is working on establishing an integrated, fully functioning Human Resources team.
A part time, 0.8FTE (32hours per week) position exists for a well-rounded and experienced HR practitioner with a passion for employee relations and employment law, reporting to the HR Manager. The position is based in Dunedin, with a district wide focus. As ER Specialist you are responsible for sharing your expertise and building the capability of the HR Business Partners and Consultants to enable them to provide ER/IR support to managers, contributing to the overall success of the Southern DHB.
The role is responsible for:
- Working as part of a wider HR team proactively providing employee relations and employment law advice, support and guidance
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of current and proposed employment legislation
- Monitoring day-to-day activities and working with the HR Manager and HR Business Partners to identify gaps and to develop a plan to deal with these issues proactively at an operational level.
This role will be a real mix of day to day advice through to working on projects with a future strategic nature - no two days will be the same! This is an excellent opportunity to become the ‘go to' employment relations Subject Matter Expert and utilise your skills and experience in a large and ever evolving healthcare organisation.
The successful candidate will have experience in:
- Employee relations matters, including the interpretation of legislation, policies, procedures and collective agreements
- Building supportive collaborative partnerships with union representatives
- Working across a range of HR functions including: staff development, industrial and employee relations, bargaining, remuneration, and performance management
You’ll have the ability to work remotely with minimal supervision; subscribe to and model our organisational values of Kind, Open, Positive and Community; and hold a relevant tertiary qualification (Social/Human Sciences, Human Resources Management or Industrial Psychology). You must also be willing and able to travel between working locations on a frequent basis.
Closing Date: 18th January 2019
For further information please contact Michelle McClimont, Senior HR Manager on email@example.com
Please note your query may not be answered until 7th January 2019 onwards when we will return from the Christmas break.