Dunedin or Southland Hospital
- Not your average in-house role – no 2 days will be the same!
- Contribute to the improvement of patient outcomes and experience
- Role can be based in either Dunedin or Invercargill
About the DHB
The Southern District Health Board (SDHB) has the largest regional coverage of all the New Zealand health boards, providing services to over 315,000 people. We take pride in the services we provide and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our population. Our customers – patients, staff and communities - are at the heart of everything we do.
About the Team
The role of Corporate Solicitor sits within our Quality & Clinical Governance Solutions team who are responsible for helping to improve patient outcomes and experience by providing expert guidance and process improvement initiatives.
About the Role
The Corporate Solicitor is a key role for the SDHB and will see you getting involved in a hugely diverse portfolio of enquiries and building relationships with a wide range of stakeholders both within and external to the organisation.
Key responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Providing effective and strategic legal advice to assist all of the SDHB’s operating and support services
- Advising on Official Information Act requests, Privacy Act requests and media matters
- Providing support to managers on the negotiation and documentation of contracts
- Build and maintain relationships with DHB in-house solicitors nationally
- Build and maintain relationships with a range of external bodies including the Ministry of Health, the Ombudsman, The Health & Disability Commissioner, the Privacy Commissioner, the Police and other agencies as required
You’ll need to be an experienced Corporate Solicitor with a good range of knowledge and legal expertise. This is not a standard in-house role, you will be involved in a huge range of issues and enquiries which are unique to the world of healthcare. This is a great opportunity to use your legal know-how to really make a difference to those in our region’s diverse communities.
To succeed in this role you will need to:
- Hold a recognised Law Degree qualification
- Hold a valid New Zealand Law Society Practising Certificate
- A wealth of commercial legal experience in either a private practice or in-house setting – ideally 10+ years
- Be an excellent communicator with the ability to easily build rapport with people from all walks of life
- A strong negotiator with sound personal judgement
- Organised and able to work well under pressure while managing a varied workload
If you are an experienced Solicitor who is ready for a new challenge in 2019 and can see yourself thriving in the exciting and unique healthcare environment, we would love to hear from you!
Closing Date: 30th January 2019
For further information please contact Sarah Burgess, Recruitment Advisor – Corporate and Women’s & Children’s Directorates Phone: (03) 470 9462 or Email: email@example.com