Registered Nurse – Perioperative Service
- Permanent, 0.8 FTE (32 hours per week)
- Is work / life balance important to you?
An exciting opportunity exists in the Dunedin Hospital for an experienced theatre nurse to join our perioperative team. Southern DHB has the largest geographical catchment area in NZ. Our hospital sits in the beautiful historic city of Dunedin with its amazing coastline, spectacular mountainous hinterland, unique community spirit and more affordable housing.
We are proud of our perioperative service, which incorporates nine Main operating theatres, two Day Surgery theatres and one C-section theatre. Our theatres provide tertiary level elective and acute surgery with specialties that include cardio-thoracic surgery, neuro surgery, vascular, liver resections, general surgical upper and lower GI, urology and orthopaedic both elective and acutes.
The position offers the opportunity to either showcase or develop your skills and experience in a variety of surgical specialties. You will be well supported by our educator and nursing leadership team with your PDRP levelling and provided with ongoing education sessions. You will be rostered a mix of 8 hour shifts and 10 hour shifts.
To be successful in this role we are looking for nurses with:
- A minimum of two years post registration practice experience in theatre nursing. Ideally this will include experience in the New Zealand health system.
- New Zealand Registration
- Current eligibility to live and work in New Zealand
- A nurse who can evidence adherence to best practice perioperative standards
- A nurse who can demonstrate the SDHB values of Kind (Manaakitanga), Open (Pono), Positive (Whaiwhakaaro) and Community (Whanaungatanga)
If this exciting opportunity is of interest, we want to hear from you!
Closing Date: Sunday 3rd February 2019
For further information please contact Jeanie Winter, Recruitment Advisor – Surgical Services & Radiology Directorate Phone: (03) 470 9571 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org