Medical Secretary – Specialist Surgical Services
- Permanent opportunity
- Full time position (40 hrs per week)
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Medical Secretary to join our team on a permanent basis. To enjoy the Medical Secretary position you will be the kind of person who appreciates a fast paced, vibrant and varied work environment. As you will be dealing with patient information it is essential that you have a keen eye for detail, are confident around computer systems and can display a high level of discretion at all times. This position carries a varied workload that requires you to work with different specialties, and the ability to prioritise workload to meet deadlines is vital.
Our ideal candidate will be customer and patient focused as you will be liaising with other hospitals, specialists and health providers to get the best outcome for patients.
The main areas of responsibility within this role include (but are not limited to):
- Providing a high quality administrative support to the service
- Setting up and maintaining effective electronic and paper filing systems and procedures
In order to be successful in this role you will need to bring the following skills and experience:
- Transcription / typing ability / medical terminology
- Solid knowledge of office systems and procedures
- Excellent computer skills, particularly in the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Positive attitude and excellent interpersonal skills
- Understanding of the importance for privacy and the ability to deal with patient information in a sensitive and confidential manner
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task
If you think you have the skills we are looking for and can demonstrate our Southern DHB values of Kind, Positive, Open and Community in all that you do, we would love to hear from you!
The salary range for this position is currently $43,580 - $51,259 per annum and will be dependent on relevant skills, qualifications and experience.
Closing Date: Friday, 15 February 2019
For further information please contact Karen Cope, Recruitment Advisor Phone: (03) 470 9605 or Email: email@example.com