Dunedin Hospital, Dunedin - Southern DHB
Southern DHB is currently seeking applications from RMOs interested in joining the team at Dunedin Hospital as an ICU Registrar.
Dunedin Hospital is a tertiary level hospital of 400 beds located in central Dunedin, New Zealand. The Hospital services the city of Dunedin and the wider Otago region.
Where do I fit?
You’ll be part of a highly dedicated team of professionals made up of Consultants, RMOs, and Nursing staff providing acute care for critically unwell patients.
What’s in it for me?
- A lifestyle that is hard to beat! Dunedin is a wonderful place for families, with great educational facilities (primary through tertiary) and many activities available for all ages. Some of New Zealand’s most famous national parks, ski fields and wineries are within easy driving distance. To find out more about living here please click the following link: https://www.dunedinnz.com/
- Beneficial experience for surgical trainees looking to obtain a place on the RACS training scheme
- The opportunity to provide healthcare to a large geographical area, ensuring your exposure to a wide range of work
- The opportunity to experience the challenge of aero-medical retrieval medicine, including intense training in this field
- Free meals when on duty
What do I need?
We are interested in hearing from RMOs with a minimum of two years’ post qualification experience.
You must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand, and be eligible for general or provisional general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand. You can check your eligibility for registration by visiting the Council’s website at www.mcnz.org.nz.
Where do I apply?
If you are interested in applying for this role please click the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
Please note that your application must contain the following:
- Up to date electronic copies of your CV and cover letter
- Contact details for three Consultants we may contact directly for references. These Consultants should have supervised your day-to-day clinical work and one of the referees provided must be from your current or most recent employer. Please ensure you advise your referees of their nomination so they are aware they will be contacted by Southern DHB.
The Medical Council of New Zealand (the Council) recently introduced a new method of primary source verification using the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates’ Electronic Portfolio of International Credentials (ECFMG’s EPIC) service. Please visit the NZMC website for more details about these changes and information on enrolling. We encourage you to begin this process as soon as possible.
If you have any questions about the role, the application or the recruitment process please contact the Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the vacancy title and reference number.