Organisational Development Specialist
- Use your HR, OD or L&D experience to benefit wider organisational strategy and objectives and make a real difference
- New role to shape and the chance to implement change
This new position in our HR team offers the successful applicant the chance to enter the organisation and really contribute to the success of moving towards becoming a high performing organisation and ensuring we achieve our organisational objectives.
The HR team enables and supports the embedding of the Southern DHB People Strategy through the provision of fit for purpose people processes and procedures. Under the Executive Director of People, Culture and Technology’s care and guidance, the General Manager HR is working on establishing an integrated, fully functioning Human Resources team.
We are now looking to complement our team of HR professionals and specialists with a well-rounded and experienced HR/Organisational Development or L&D practitioner with a passion for implementing change. While the position is ideally based in Dunedin, you will have a district wide focus so the ability to travel is important.
As a key Organisational Development hire you really have a genuine opportunity to take this and make it your own. You will be responsible for working side by side with our GM HR and leading and supporting the organisation and wider HR team with your knowledge and experience across the full spectrum of learning, development and organisational development practices and processes. We are a relatively small team for the size of our organisation so you will get plenty of exposure and diversity to the full scope of interesting OD work. There’s lots to do and we plan to have fun doing it!
Essentially, the role is responsible for implementing processes, programmes and practices that align with talent needs for the DHB, including:
- Talent Assessment and Management
- Leadership effectiveness
- Career Development and Succession planning
- Organisational Culture and Change
- Reporting, Governance and Analytics
We are pretty open to left field candidates who can demonstrate their tenacity, aptitude and delivery, but ideally our successful candidate will have experience in:
- Talent management processes,
- Change management support and facilitation
- Track record of successful HR/OD delivery
- Experience coaching, mentoring and facilitating individuals or groups, and
- Should hold a relevant tertiary qualification (Social/Human Sciences, Human Resources Management or Industrial Psychology).
We work hard with minimal supervision and encourage fresh thinking and you will too. Above all, we live by and role model our organisational values of Kind, Open, Positive and Community.
If you think you might complement our team and are up for the challenge apply now!
Closing Date: Sunday 16 June, 2019
For further information please contact Jo Schmelz Recruitment Manager on email@example.com or 03 4709603.