Registered Nurse - Ward 4B & Outpatients
- Permanent opportunity to promote excellence in Nursing practice
- 0.5 FTE (5 x 4 hour morning shifts per week)
- Use your experience and expertise to make a real difference to our patient’s health outcomes
Due to an increase in through put in our busy DOSA area we have an exciting opportunity for someone who is keen to work short sharp hours and have the rest of the day to themselves.
We are now seeking applications from experienced and innovative Registered Nurses, preferably with Surgical nursing experience, to help us continue to provide top quality, patient centred care on a permanent, part time basis.
About the Role
DOSA is situated in ward 4B and provides day of surgery admission for the majority of surgical services in Dunedin Hospital.
The goal of the this small, friendly and quality of care focused team is all about ensuring the patient is prepared for surgery and leaves the department in an optimised and relaxed state.
Reporting to the Charge Nurse Manager, this pivotal role forms part of a dedicated team committed to supporting the patient journey from start to finish. On any given day this role could include a variety of responsibilities working alongside a multidisciplinary team including ensuring everything is ready for patient’s, impending surgical intervention, it may involve updating computer files, and constantly ensuring the patient journey is a smooth process.
The role calls for someone willing to advocate for patients and who strives to improve efficiency in the patient journey, so whether you are behind the scenes or on the floor, you will have ample opportunity to make a difference for staff and patients alike.
What’s on Offer
- A fantastic opportunity to apply and extend your nursing skills, providing you a platform for self-directed but supported professional development.
- A varied and dynamic work environment.
- Working hours that afford you your desired work-life balance.
We’re looking for someone who’s experienced and organised, friendly and calm, able to work independently and at the same time genuinely interested in the best outcome for both patient and team.
- Current registration with the New Zealand Nursing Council and a current APC, with the right to work in New Zealand.
- Demonstrated ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively with other professionals.
- Excellent time management, interpersonal and organisational skills
- The ability to be adaptable, flexible and solution focused.
- Previous Surgical and Outpatient experience is essential, and experience in Cardiology would certainly be advantageous.
Overall, you’re a person who collaborates, influences, advocates, supports and mentors. The outcome of your input is a safe and highly competent workforce that reinforces our commitment to keep patients at the centre of everything we do. If you are experienced, passionate and ready to jump into a dynamic and rewarding role then we welcome your application.
Closing Date: Sunday 21 April 2019
For further information please contact Jeanie Winter, Recruitment Advisor – Surgical Services & Radiology Directorate Phone: (03) 470 9571 or Email: email@example.com