- Permanent, full time role (40 hours per week)
As the first point of contact for all calls coming into Dunedin Hospital, both internal and external, our Telephony team are a fundamental part of the DHB delivering the best possible services to both the public, and the organisation.
About the role
Reporting to the Senior Telephonist, you will be responsible for answering internal and external calls, carrying out emergency procedures when required, monitoring alarms and documenting any faults in the phone system. The calls you deal with will vary from emergency calls to general enquiries and you will need to interact with telephone technicians as required to ensure timely fixes for any issues. You will also need to be organised and able to complete data entry and other administration duties associated with the department.
As Telephonist, you will be a key point of contact within the organisation and will need to demonstrate the following in order to be successful in the role:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience within a customer service or administration role
- Basic computer knowledge, in particular with the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook email)
- Great interpersonal skills with the ability to listen actively and respond in a calm and considered manner
- Positive attitude and team-focused approach to your work
The salary range for this position is from $38,047 to $41,864 pro-rata in accordance with the DHBs/PSA South Island Administrative Multi-Employer Collective Agreement and will be based on your experience and skills. The roster for this particular position will include various shifts between 7.30am and 11pm Monday to Sunday on a rotating basis.
Closing Date: Thursday 18th March 2019
For further information please contact Sam Cunningham, Recruitment Advisor – Corporate and Women’s & Children’s Directorates Phone: (03) 470 9462 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org