Clinical Midwife Coordinator
Southland Hospital, Invercargill
About the Department
We consider ourselves to be very lucky here at the Southland Hospital Maternity Ward. Not only do we get to care for fabulous women and families from all across our diverse region, we also get to work alongside kind, compassionate, dedicated midwives and other health professionals to provide a safe and positive birthing experience.
About the Team
Each year we birth around 1,200 babies and work closely with the LMCs to give the kind of care our new mother’s deserve. With 4 birthing rooms and 14 single rooms we are able to support the needs to both antenatal and postnatal women. Our team works with a commitment to quality care and the embodiment of the Southern DHB values, Kind, Open, Positive and a Sense of Community in all that they do.
About the Role
We have a fantastic new opportunity within our Maternity team for an experienced Registered Midwife who has strong clinical leadership skills to join our team as Clinical Midwife Coordinator. The role will be working across a range of shifts, Monday to Sunday, so you must be available to work flexibly. You will be working closely with the Charge Midwife Manager (CMM) to:
- Assist in the establishment and promotion of clinical midwifery professional standards
- Ensure effective day to day coordination across shifts and management within the area, working collaboratively with the CMM and the wider maternity team
- Promote excellence in clinical practice and ensure provision of high quality midwifery care
- You will have a supervisory role for Registered Nurses/Midwives, Enrolled Nurses, Maternity/Health Care Assistants and Students
This is a great opportunity to step up to the next level in your career and utilise your clinical expertise and leadership skills. In order to succeed in this role you will need to:
- Be a Registered Midwife with a current Annual Practicing Certificate along with holding a current portfolio and QLP relevant to the role
- Have the ability to work across all shifts Monday-Sunday
- Have proven clinical credibility in all aspects of midwifery care
- Possess excellent communication, including techniques in conflict resolution, diffusion and mediation skills
- Be a critical consumer of research and embrace evidenced based practice when carrying out any task or function
About our Region
The Southland region is home to the World Heritage ranked Fiordland National Park and gateway to some of New Zealand’s most famous scenery and holiday destinations – you can go from seaside to ski slope in a matter of hours. Couple that with affordable housing, great education options and a family-friendly focus in the city of Invercargill and you’ll be living the lifestyle you’ve always dreamed of.
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for don’t delay, we would love to hear from you!
Closing Date: Tuesday 23rd April 2019
For further information please contact Sam Cunningham, Recruitment Advisor – Corporate and Women’s & Children’s Health Directorates Email: firstname.lastname@example.org