Registered Nurse - Emergency Department
- TWO permanent positions available
- 0.8 or 1.0 FTE (32 or 40 hrs per week)
Our Emergency Department in Southland Hospital is currently looking for two experienced Registered Nurses to join our fabulous team on a permanent part-time, or permanent full-time basis.
As you can imagine, our Emergency Department is a very busy service. We have a triage area, a rapid assessment area, dedicated resuscitation areas with acute, sub-acute and paediatric cubicles. Our department carries out all acute care, including full patient resuscitation facilities, management of trauma, fractures, injuries etc. The ED’s vision is to be a centre of clinical care and customer service excellence. We pride ourselves on having a strong focus on customer service and its success is reliant on effective communication and teamwork.
This is an exciting opportunity for nurses wanting to develop their skills in this area of nursing including: a comprehensive orientation programme; on-going development in emergency nursing skills e.g. Trauma Nursing Core Course, Triage Course, and Advanced Life Support.
We’re looking for nurses who are experienced and organised, friendly and calm, able to work independently and at the same time genuinely interested in the best outcome for both patient and team.
- Must have current registration with the New Zealand Nursing Council and a current APC, with the right to work in New Zealand.
- Demonstrated ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively with other professionals.
- Excellent time management, interpersonal and organisational skills
- The ability to be adaptable, flexible and solution focused.
- Previous ED experience is essential, and you must have at least 1 years’ experience as a Registered Nurse.
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for then apply today and please specify in your covering letter if you were interested in the part-time or the full time vacancy.
Closing Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2019
For further information please contact Karen Cope, Recruitment Advisor – Medicine Directorate
Phone (03) 470 9605 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org