Administrator – Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) / Quality and Risk (Q&R)
- Permanent, full-time position 1.0 FTE (40 Hrs Per week)
- This role is split between the IPC and Q&R teams with 0.5 FTE in each department
About the Teams
The Infection Prevention and Control Service (IPC) exists to monitor and reduce the risk of Hospital acquired infections across the Southern District. Our team consists of 4 Clinical Nurse Specialists across the District and we are proud of our supportive and collaborative environment.
The Quality & Risk team work hard to achieve the highest possible levels of patient care and service across the district. Integral to this is a commitment to create a high performing organisation with a focus on quality.
Reporting into the Charge Nurse Manager for District Infection Prevention & Control, you will be responsible for providing an effective and efficient administration service across the 2 departments.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to deal with a variety of people and problems all at the same time
- A quick learner but prepared to ask questions when unsure
- Excellent computer skills – the ability to touch type is essential
- Database experience
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
Your background will ideally be in varied administration positions that demonstrate your ability to efficiently prioritise work load in a logical manner. Some of the key administrative tasks within this role will include (but are not limited to):
- Inputting data onto our systems
- Providing an efficient and timely administrative support to the team
- Taking patient feedback calls and dealing with them empathetically
- You may also provide medical secretarial services and administrative support for Medical Specialist
To be successful in the role you will need to have an eye for detail and have a mature approach to your work. As part of the role you will also liaise with Management Assistants. Experience in a similar role would be preferred but we will provide full systems training to the successful candidate.
The salary for this position is be in line with the DHBs/PSA South Island Administrative Multi-Employer Collective Agreement (S4) and will be between $43,580 and $51,259 per annum based on skills and experience.
Closing Date: Tuesday 23rd April 2019
For further information please contact Sam Cunningham, Recruitment Advisor – Corporate and Women’s & Children’s Health Directorates Phone: 03 213 5427 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org