Health and Welfare Manager
- New leadership position in a refreshed team
- Improve health and welfare for our diverse workers across the whole Southern district
About the Southern District Health Board
The Southern DHB has the largest regional coverage of all the New Zealand health boards, providing services to over 315,000 people. We take pride in the services we provide and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our population. Our customers – patients, staff and communities - are at the heart of everything we do.
About the Team
This is an exciting time to join the Health, Safety and Welfare team as we go through a period of change and improvement. You will be joining a motivated team of experienced professionals to assist in the implementation of the health, safety and welfare management system, documentation and risk management across our broad district which includes Otago, Southland and the Central Otago and Queenstown Lakes.
About the Role
Reporting into the GM for Health, Safety and Welfare, you will role model and lead a small team where the main responsibilities of your role will include:
- Leading the development and implementation of the health and welfare programme, including injury management, health monitoring and fit for work activities
- Ensuring that all Southern DHB employees have access to relevant professionals and other available resources
- Assisting with identification of health and welfare risks that may affect the health and welfare of our people
- Educating and training employees in the development of working practices to protect them from harm
- Motivating and supporting team members to participate in health and welfare objectives to achieve positive health and welfare outcomes
- Supporting managers to maintain safe systems, providing specialist advice, coaching and practical support.
To succeed in this newly created role, you will need to bring the following skills and experience:
- Current Nursing Council of New Zealand annual practicing certificate or First Respondent Medic equivalent.
- Experience in the development and implementation of a health and welfare programme, including injury management, health monitoring, fit for work, and any other tasks as required to support the health, and welfare programme.
- Qualified in adult teaching or demonstrate equivalent experience
- Experience within the health and welfare field, ideally 5+ years
- Experience within an educational role (learning, training and development)
- Detailed knowledge of health and welfare legislation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Assisted and guided an organisation to achieve the Tertiary requirements of the ACC Partnership Programme
- Ability to work effectively across multi-disciplinary teams and at all levels within an organization.
This is your opportunity to truly make a difference to the health and welfare of your Southern DHB colleagues throughout the Southern region. If you are experienced in health and welfare and want to join a large and complex organisation in a role that will be both challenging and rewarding, we would love to hear from you!
Closing Date: Tuesday 23 April 2019
Please note this is a readvertised position. For further information please contact Jo Schmelz, Recruitment Manager via email: email@example.com