Administration Officer - Clinical Records
- Fixed Term until mid-November 2019
- Full-time position (1.0 FTE, 40 hours per week)
- Get away from the desk in this active administration role
- Provide a vital service to patients, families/whanau and health professionals
- Busy team environment
Bring your positive personal style and love of all things admin to this crucial role based in Dunedin Hospital.
The Clinical Records team is looking for a reliable and motivated new member to join their friendly, dedicated team on a fixed term basis while one of our permanent team members takes on a secondment opportunity.
This fast paced office has a strong focus on paper patient records, electronic systems and interactions with all health professionals both within and alongside the Southern DHB.
You will be required to supply and retrieve patient records from around the hospital – all staff start in this department in the filing team, developing your skills to then branch out and cover all roles within the service. Comprehensive training is provided but you must be a skilled communicator, be reliable, accurate and have an eye for detail.
Your role will include:
- Maintaining and completing records before filing
- Data integrity tasks
- Dealing with the public and health professionals requests for clinical information
- Preparing records for outpatients clinics
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
- Computer literacy, proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Good level of physical fitness
- Strong attention to detail at all times
- A positive, can-do / problem solving attitude
- Relevant administrative work experience
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology would be a bonus
The salary for this position is between $37,788 and $42,740 per annum and will be based on relevant experience and qualifications.
Closing Date: Tuesday 23rd April 2019
For further information please contact Samantha Cunningham, Recruitment Advisor – Corporate and Women’s & Children’s Directorates Email: email@example.com