Dental/Oral Health Therapist - Timaru
- Various full time and part time permanent opportunities available in Timaru
- NZ registered Dental/Oral Health Therapists and New Graduates
- Work in community and school settings, with children and their families/whanau
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 New Zealanders that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
We’re looking for experienced Dental/Oral Health Therapists with current Annual Practicing Certificate to join our team in Timaru!
The Timaru team work in the South Canterbury DHB but Dental services are provided by Community Dental Services from Canterbury DHB.
The Dental staff work from a base clinic in a central Timaru location and visit Schools in Mobile units to provide dental examinations and treatments for clients. The Timaru team also visit some more rural areas/schools and work closely with families in the community, therefore the work is diverse and interesting.
You will be working in community and school settings with children and their families/whanau. You’ll have the opportunity to work with diverse patient groups and manage a wide variety of oral health problems. You will be a reflective practitioner who embraces innovation and advances in clinical practice and will enjoy working in a team alongside other skilled dental/oral health therapists and assistants.
The Role: Where you fit in
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Providing high quality oral health care within scope of practice appropriate to the physical, social and cultural needs of pre-school and school age clients;
- Attending meetings, in-service training and courses relevant to the needs of the Dental Service and individual Dental/Oral Health Therapist;
- Participating in team meetings and the service quality improvement process.
Your skills will include:
- Current Annual Practising Certificate in Dental/Oral Health Therapy and Dental Hygiene, inclusive of diagnostic radiography in Dental Therapy Practice;
- A degree in Dental therapy and Dental Hygiene;
- A full NZ Driver’s license, or be able to provide evidence that you are working towards this;
- Previous dental experience is advantageous.
As we have full time and part time positions available, please let us know in your cover letter which positions you would be interested in.
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko Te Whatu Manawa Tangata
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
Apply for this position via our online application process. Please note, we only accept applications submitted online. If you’d like more information about this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org