Human Resources Consultant / Lead Consultant
Southland Hospital Based
- Permanent, 1.0 FTE (40 hours per week)
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced HR Professional to step into the role of HR Consultant. This will be a varied and challenging role which will see the successful applicant make a real difference to the continuous improvement of the HR services we provide to our employees and managers. HR Practitioners with greater experience, could also be considered for a Lead HR Consultant position and we would welcome your enquiry.
Reporting to our HR Business Partner, the HR Consultant / Lead Consultant will be:
- Proactively supporting and educating employees and managers on HR processes
- Improving HR processes to ensure a high quality, efficient HR service is maintained at all times
- Building partnerships with stakeholders throughout the business
- Partnering with respective HR services (recruitment, payroll, learning and development) to deliver appropriate People solutions
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
- A professional or academic qualification which includes an HR related element
- Solid experience (2-5 years) providing specialist advice on employment related matters
- Change management experience, preferably within a large, complex environment
- An understanding of best practice organisational development
- The ability to hold yourself, and others, accountable
We are looking for an experienced and proactive individual with a solid understanding of the Southern DHB environment and the challenges involved in providing HR services in such a complex environment. In return you can look forward to joining a supportive fun team of experienced HR Professionals based in Invercargill and Dunedin, and working with managers across Otago and Southland. You will be based on site at Southland Hospital where it takes 10-15 minutes to get anywhere in town and there is plenty of free parking on site.
The Southern district offers the benefits of excellent amenities, first class primary through to tertiary education, affordable housing and outstanding recreational opportunities. Whether it's surfing, kayaking or sailing; skiing, hunting or fishing; theatre, live-music or art – there’s literally something for everyone. Check out https://southernhealthcareers.nz/ for what the region, and we, can offer you and your whanau.
Closing Date: Sunday 19 May 2019
For further information please contact Michelle McClimont, Senior HR Manager Phone: (03) 470 9351 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org