Dunedin Hospital is a tertiary hospital is situated in the city centre, and serves a large geographical catchment area. The hospital is a teaching hospital of the University of Otago and has all major specialties including neurosurgery and cardiothoracic surgery. We have a full time fixed term opportunity available for you until 30 April 2020.
Our Orthopaedic Department is currently staffed by 9 part-time Surgeons, and a Fellow in addition to 7 Registrars and 4 House Officers. All orthopaedic subspecialties are covered including scoliosis surgery for all of the South Island. To be considered for this fixed term role you will have an interest and fellowship experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Hip and knee arthroplasty including complex revision surgery
- Foot and ankle surgery
- Paediatric Orthopaedics
You will have a breadth of caseload you’ll find stimulating with a wide variety of trauma but also the opportunity to undertake a sub-speciality interest. With our modern operating theatres, together with the latest in PACS digital radiology, MRI, CT and iSOFT patient management system, there's no better place to take a leading role in maintaining and enhancing our orthopaedic service.
You will be proficient in General Orthopaedics and trauma and your expected duties include:
- Participation in a 1 in 11 on call roster.
- Supervision of acute operating lists
- Fracture clinics
- Elective operating and outpatient clinics
- A rural clinic
- Support and leadership of junior medical staff and administrative duties
- Teaching of undergraduate medical students and registrars
- An active role in interdisciplinary team education
- Active support and utilise specialist nurse role/s as appropriate
- Participation in quality improvement, clinical audit activities and service development meetings and initiatives.
To be considered for this role you must already hold a Vocational registration with Medical Council of New Zealand (MCNZ) or have Fellowship of Royal Australasian College of Surgeons in Orthopaedics or an equivalent qualification, enabling specialist (locum tenens specialist registration) with the MCNZ, enabling you to be able to start in this role in the required timeframe.
Closing Date: Sunday, 26 May 2019
For further information please contact Milair Ryalls, Recruitment Advisor – Senior Medical Officers, Phone (03) 470 9604 or Email:firstname.lastname@example.org