HR Business Partner/ER Specialist - Human Resources
- Be seen as an expert offering support and guidance to organisation across this specialist area
- Full responsibility and ownership of a portfolio
- Chance to work in the ever changing Healthcare industry
We continue to invest in our People and this position in our HR Department offers you the chance to come in and really contribute and enable us to successfully moving towards becoming a high performing organisation and ensuring we achieve our organisational objectives.
Under the Executive Director of People, Culture and Technology’s care, guidance and sponsorship, the General Manager HR is working on establishing an integrated, fully functioning Human Resources team. Our team purpose: Enabling our People - to foster a valued, healthy and high performing workforce empowering our people to succeed, clearly articulates our commitment.
About the Opportunity
A part time, 0.8FTE (32hours per week) position exists for a well-rounded and experienced HR practitioner with a passion for employee relations and employment law, reporting to the Senior HR Manager Business Partnering and Operations. The position is based in Dunedin, with a district wide focus. As an HR Business Partner/ER Specialist, you are responsible for true business partnering in all Human Resources matters with your managers, sharing your expertise and building the capability of the HR team to enable them to provide ER/IR support to managers, contributing to the overall success of the Southern DHB.
The role is responsible for:
- Working as part of a wider HR team proactively providing employee relations and employment law advice, support and guidance
- Monitoring day-to-day activities and working with the Senior HR Manager and other HR Business Partners to identify gaps and to develop a plan to deal with these issues proactively at an operational level.
- Assessing risks against applicable legislation, collective agreements and policies and ensuring compliance
- Participating in change management initiatives including supporting culture and values improvement changes
- Industrial Relations including SECA Bargaining and risk management
- Conducting relevant HR Employee Relations processes
- Providing people solutions to managers and employees in line with best practice HR processes and procedures
This role will be a real mix of day to day advice through to working on projects with a future strategic nature - no two days will be the same! This is an excellent opportunity to become the ‘go to' employment relations Subject Matter Expert and utilise your skills and experience in a large and ever evolving healthcare organisation.
The successful candidate will have experience in:
- Industrial Relations in a complex environment
- Employee relations matters, including the interpretation of legislation, policies, procedures and collective agreements
- Managing performance related matters to facilitate positive outcomes
- Employee engagement strategies
- Working across a range of HR functions including: staff development, industrial and employee relations, bargaining, remuneration, and performance management
- Change management journey
- Workforce planning
- Building supportive collaborative partnerships with union representatives
To do well in this team you will have the ability to work with minimal supervision, model our organisational values of Kind, Open, Positive and Community, and hold a relevant tertiary qualification (Law, Social/Human Sciences, Human Resources Management or Industrial Psychology). There is also a requirement to be willing and able to travel between working locations as required.
The successful candidate will preferably have a minimum of 5 years working experience in a similar position or 8+ years as a HR Generalist.
Closing Date: Sunday, 29 March 2020
For further information please contact Michelle McClimont, Senior HR Manager, Email: email@example.com
Pre-Employment Occupational Health Assessment
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to an Occupational Health Assessment to confirm suitability and fitness to work in the role you are being considered for.