Please note that due to Covid-19, there may be delays experienced in the recruitment of this role. Thank you for your understanding
Registered Nurse – Post Anaesthetic Care Unit (PACU)
- Parental Leave Cover, 0.9 FTE opportunity until 15 Jan 2021
- Use your experience and expertise to make a real different to our patient’s health outcomes
About the Southern DHB
Here at the Southern DHB, we are firmly committed to providing our patients with the highest level of care. We believe that our dedicated and passionate staff are a significant driving force behind the achievement of these standards, and we need more like minded people to help us continue providing for our community.
About the Team
We’re a specialised unit providing post anaesthetic care to surgical patients. Our service covers both elective and acute thoracic, neurosurgical, ENT, ophthalmology, maxillofacial, urology, general surgery, vascular, gynaecology, orthopaedic and paediatric surgical specialties. We also care for procedures that occur outside of the theatre complex.
About the Role – what’s in it for me?
If you are looking for:
• autonomy in your nursing practice
• experience in a broad range of specialties
• generally sociable working hours
And you are:
• someone who thrives in a close knit team environment
• ready for a new challenge and/or a change from the ward
• able to make rapid decisions and prompt interventions
• confident in taking a step up in terms of clinical responsibility
• well experienced but still keen to grow your skillset
Then it’s here working with us that your depth of experience and confidence will come into their own. Further, you’ll develop airway management skills and acquire acute pain management experience in this dynamic environment. We provide a comprehensive orientation and absolutely guarantee you’ll learn new skills to complement your present skill set. The workload is mostly between 0800hr and 1930hr but you work one weekend in four, with one afternoon per week, plus night call.
Closing Date: Sunday, 3 May 2020
For further information please contact Jeanie Winter, Recruitment Advisor – Surgical Services & Radiology Directorate Phone: (03) 470 9571 or Email: email@example.com
Children’s Act 2014
Due to this position having contact with children and the SDHB’s commitment to child protection, you will be subject to ‘safety checks’ under the Children’s Act at the time of hire and thereafter as per the relevant legislation.
Pre-Employment Occupational Health Assessment
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to an Occupational Health Assessment to confirm suitability and fitness to work in the role you are being considered for.