World Health Day
World Health Day is April 7th 2012. This year the theme is Ageing and Health. Full information and resources is available from the World Health Organisation website.
A training event will be held in Dunedin on May 7th, on ageing and alcohol. Full information is available by downloading this flyer.
A selection of local resources on the mental health and addiction needs of older people are listed below. If you want to suggest others for inclusion, please contact us.
- Older Adults section of the Primary Mental Health Website. Link.
- Mental Health Foundation - Late Life Depression. Link.
- Mental Health Foundation - Retirement. Link.
- Mental Health Foundation - Resource Finder - Dementia. Link.
- Te Pou. Mental Health and Addiction Services for Older People: Workforce Survey. Link.
- Older People section of the Mental Health Foundation website. Link.
- Ministry of Health - Health of Older People Strategy. Link.
- Ministry of Health - Mental Health and Addiction Services for Older People and Dementia Services. Link.
- Mental Health Services for Older People. A Critical Appraisal of the Literature. NZHTA Assessment. Link.