PROGRAMME ENTRY CRITERIA:
- Nurses accepted onto the programme hold a nursing degree from a New Zealand nursing programme approved by the Nursing Council of New Zealand.
- Nurses accepted onto the programme hold New Zealand registration within the Registered Nurse scope of practice.
- Nurses accepted onto the programme hold a current annual practising certificate (APC) with no restrictions on that APC that would negatively impact on their ability to participate in the programme.
- Nurses must have graduated in the last year and not practised as an RN for longer than six months at the time they commence the programme.
- (In exceptional circumstances, Southern District Health Board may offer a place to a nurse who has graduated over one year and less than 3 years ago, subject to his/her ability to meet the Council's Competencies for the Registered Nurse Scope of Practice).
All applications must be in electronic form using the Application Form on the Health Down South website. www.healthdownsouth.co.nz
You will need to include:
A covering letter stating your clinical areas of interest and reasons why. If you are interested in a Primary Health Care/Community position you will need to provide permission for us to forward your application to the appropriate prospective employers.
A Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Include evidence of:
- Self-motivation/passion for nursing
- Commitment to quality care
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills
- How you work well in a team
- Commitment to ongoing learning and professional development
- Contact details of your elective/transitional placement nurse manager.
Attachments to your electronic application
- Academic transcript
- Year 3 clinical performance evaluations
- X 1 full written reference by a 3rd year Clinical Tutor
- X 1 full written reference by a Preceptor/Nurse Manager of a previous placement (preferably 3rd year)
- Covering letter and Curriculum Vitae
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS AND PROCESS
|For further information you can contact:|
|Southland Programme||Otago Programme|
Nurse Educator NetP
03 218 1949 Ext 8035
Nurse Educator Primary Health
03 218 1949 Ext 8412
03 4740 999 Ext 7163