Below are links to key government strategies that help guide and shape the direction adopted by the Board in planning and setting the goals and objectives for Southern DHB.
- New Zealand Health Strategy (2000)
- New Zealand Disability Strategy (2001)
- Primary Health Care Strategy (2001)
- He Korowai Oranga – Maori Health Strategy (2002)
- Health of Older People Strategy (2002)
- Child Health Strategy (1998)
- Pacific Health and Disability Action Plan (2002)
- Reducing Inequalities in Health (2002)
- Achieving Health for All People (2003)
- Cancer Control Strategy (2003)
- Te Tahuhu, Improving Mental Health 2005-2015: the Second New Zealand Mental Health and Addiction Plan (2005)
- Te Kokiri: The Mental Health and Addiction Plan 2006-2015 (2006)
Note that the above links are connected through to the Ministry of Health website where these strategies are all available, together with additional national health sector information.