Finding a Home
Renting a House in Otago Southland
The key places to look when searching for rental property listings in our region include:
- Local newspapers on Wednesdays and Saturdays: Otago Daily Times and Southland Times.
- Trade Me website (Property section - select the Otago and Southland areas for rentals). Trade Me (a similar concept to Ebay) is a NZ website that everyone can use - you will find properties listed on here by individual landlords, people who are going overseas and looking to rent their own home, people looking for flatmates, as well as some real estate agents who also post properties on here.
- Real Estate agencies that property manage or have rentals on their books (see local agency websites listed below)
- Staff newsletters or word of mouth amongst staff
Buying a House in Otago Southland
- Trade Me website (Property section - select the Otago and Southland areas for sale). Houses posted on here may be listed by individuals wishing to sell their property directly as well as real estate agents.
- Real Estate agencies in Otago Southland - there are variety of agencies in our region, many of which are local offices for national real estate firms.
- Real estate agents also have listings in the newspapers (Saturday edition) and weekly community newspaper sections, and some often produce books of property currently available in the region.