About the Community Health Council
The Community Health Council aims to make sure that communities, whānau and patients have a strong voice in planning, designing and delivering services across the Southern Health System.
Established as a joint initiative of the Southern DHB and WellSouth (working in partnership as Alliance South) the Community Health Council will report through to the Southern DHB’s CEO, WellSouth’s CE and the Chair of Alliance South.
The Community Health Council’s role is to:
- Ensure and enable communities, whānau and patient participation across the Southern district and national health systems.
- Identify and advise on health systems and services for communities, whānau and patients, including input into the development of health service priorities and strategies.
- Ensure reports, developments and initiatives relating to health services have appropriately engaged, or been developed with, communities, whānau and patients.
- Ensure regular communication and networking with the communities, whānau and patient groups.
- Link up with special interest groups as required, for specific issues and problem solving.
Email contact: CHC@southerndhb.govt.nz
View our Terms of Reference.
Community Health Forums
13 June 2018, Dunedin
Speakers: Professor Sarah Derrett (CHC Chair) and Charlotte Adank (CHC and Clinical Council's Facilitator)
Watch the forum session here
Listen to interview with Otago Access Radio here