If an interpreter service is needed, there are a range of options for health services in Dunedin.
Face to face services
Southern DHB interpreting service
The Southern DHB has face to face interpreters available for DHB service providers and also for the wider health sector. Interpreters are recruited and trained according to SDHB policies and standards. Some of the interpreters may have additional interpreting qualifications.
- Funded by Southern DHB
- Appointments need to be on time. It is advised to book clients/patients requiring this service immediately after a break
- Benefits of a Face to face interaction
- Continuity is more likely than telephone services
- In a small community patients may feel uncomfortable with using interpreters known to the community
- Available to the wider sector during working hours
- Click on Booking a Southern DHB face to face interpreter for more information
Telephone health interpreting services
Interpreting New Zealand click here
Language Line click here
- Fee for service
- May be available short notice
- The service needs to have a contract with these services prior (WellSouth has a contract with Language Line click here for information on how WellSouth practices can make a booking).
- Can be more confidential than face to face interpreters
- Can create a sense of distance during the consult.
- A speaker phone is critical
CAB Language Link
For people with Limited English Proficiency needing help to arrange appointments, understand bookings and their rights in the health system click here.
- Phone availability
- Not a health interpreting services
- Hours of availability