Finalists and winners will be invited to an awards evening to be held 25 October 2018, where the winners will be revealed.
Who can enter?
All Southern DHB staff (employees and joint clinical) and volunteers are eligible for nomination and receipt of the Southern Excellence Awards.
The awards recognise both individuals and teams in clinical and non-clinical positions.
- Nominations closed on 9 September 2018
- Winners will be revealed at the awards evening on 25 October 2018.
The awards categories recognise the diverse ways in which excellence is reflected across Southern DHB. Integral to each of these categories are the core Southern DHB values and behaviours.
- Outstanding Leadership award
- Improvements of the year
- Team of the year
- Excellence in health, safety and welfare
- Care and compassion award
- Behind the Scenes (Unsung Hero) award
- Rising Star Award
- Māori Health development
- Breaking boundaries
More information on these categories can be found here.
How to enter
Please read the entry rules below before submitting your application. Detailed information on the categories, criteria for entry, and category specific application forms founds can be found here.
If you need any help in completing the form please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Southern Excellence Awards are open to all employees and volunteers of Southern DHB.
- All nominees must either be employees or volunteers of Southern DHB as at 9 September 2018
- The work or examples referenced must have been undertaken at least part in the past year. (September 2017 to September 2018)
- Entries must be submitted no later than midnight on 9 September 2018. Nominations received after this time will not be considered, nor can accepted entries be amended.
- Individuals or teams cannot nominate either themselves or family members.
- An individual or team may be nominated for more than one category, provided a separate nomination form is completed for each category.
- Information provided in any application will be held by Southern DHB for the purpose of assessing the applications and promoting the Awards. In submitting an application, applicants consent to the publication of some or all of the information contained within their application.
- All finalists and winners will be photographed for publicity purposes before and during the awards.
- Winners (Individuals or teams) of each category would receive a development grant.
- These development grants would be in addition to any other professional development which the staff member already has.
- The grant would be expected to be used in accordance with all other Southern DHB policies, and winners would be required to submit appropriate evidence to the organising committee for payment/ reimbursement of the grant.
The judging process
Applications will be assessed by a panel of internal and external experts using set criteria. The winners will be announced at the Southern Excellence Awards evening on 25 October 2018.